In this video clip Coach Schellas Hyndman (Grand Canyon University Head Coach) shares his thoughts on defending pressing.
Level 3 Defending
- Defense Compactness is crucial in all levels of defending but especially the 3rd Level (back line)
- The hardest teams to break down are the teams that shift together and efficiently with communication
- Work rate is essential to defending, probably the most important
- Important for the forwards to down press and get under the ball (11 players behind the ball while defending)
- ball drops = defense steps (everyone)
- Press on long ball fist touch = counter attacks = goals
For information about how to gain access to Coach Hyndman’s entire presentation, as well as hundreds of other presentations from some of the top soccer coaches from around the county, click the link Glazier Clinics Soccer Vault
The video below has sound, so please make sure your volume is turned up.