In this clip from a Glazier Soccer Clinic Coach Schellas Hyndman (Grand Canyon University Head Coach) shares his ideas with regards to Team Pressing
Level 1 Defending- Offense of Pressing (High Press)
- Is designed to attack the opposing team early while trying to disrupt their strategy
- By attacking the opponents in their own half- the goal is much closer and scoring a goal is more frequent and likely.
- Winning the ball while the other team is in an attacking shape = vulnerability.
Level 2 Defending- Middle Press
- Is designed to force the opponents towards the touchline or into the areas designed to trap the opponent
- Middle defense collapses on opponent from all directions forcing the ball backwards
- Once the ball is won, there is more space behind the defense
- A potential successful counter is likely to occur
For information about how to gain access to Coach Hyndman entire presentation, as well as hundreds of other presentations from some of the top soccer coaches from around the county, click the link Glazier Clinics Soccer Vault
The video below has sound, so please make sure your volume is turned up.