The most important thing to teach your goalkeeper is to “Know Your Job”.
In the video below Eric Briggs , of Briggs Goalkeeper Training, shares what he teaches goalkeepers.
Coach Briggs defines clearly what he believes the job of the goalkeeper is and elaborates on each of these concepts.
- Get Control- use all of the rules to your advantage and control the ball
- Keep Control
- Stop Punting – only punt in special situations
- If you can’t control the ball, make sure that no one else can
This clip is just a small segment of Coach Briggs entire presentation entitled 4 Important Things You Need to Teach Your Goalkeeper Now.
FYI the other three are:
- Accept the Responsibility
- You’re not a Field Player
- Control Your Dirt
To learn how to get access to the rest of Coach Briggs presentation as well as hundreds of other great clinic presentations click the link: Glazier Soccer Clinics Vault
The video below has audio so please make sure that your speakers are turned on.